14 Nov 2012

Dear food- unhealthy and spicy... How I love thee!



These days it’s a well-known saying – ‘Everything good in life is either illegal, immoral or fattening.’ Being a biggg foodie who swears every Monday that “I’ll cut the craving no matter what,” and fail by Sunday, I particularly have problem with the fattening part… However, I should say, my relationship with food is an absolutely memorable one. Only if I had a body with amazing metabolism, God knows how I would have gorged down the yummilicious stuff around me! Both me and food knows that what we actually want from life are quite different things, but let’s admit it food, we can’t do without each other!
Back in my days at the twin city, the evening of a sad or busy day would find my legs taking me towards Oottupura – the mallu restaurant near my apartment, or Wangs – the Chinese restaurant near my office. If in Oottupura, I order a bowl of kanji along with any variety of fried fish and immerse myself in the hot-spicy-filling feeling it embraces me with. And if Wangs, I went for ginger-pepper fried prawns or chicken lolly pop… Wah! Titanic would sink inside the water in my mouth now!

After eating the tummy-full all alone… I’d take a walk, with the ipod singing random songs in my ears. I don’t know the science behind it, but the walk, coupled with the music helped me gain back my mental stability, agility and peace. Nothing else, ever, could give such relaxation and happiness. If not for thoughts on the unhealthiness and fattening potential of them, I could have easily lived my life kingsize, like Kalidasan of ‘Salt n Pepper.’ Who wants anything or anyone else in life, if good food is there to brighten up your days? Well, spare me of the philosophical thoughts dearies, I wish I was in the land where metabolism is quick and spicy-tasty food is cheap… slurpppp slurppp… it’s the loveliest dream ever!

1 comment:

  1. :D Oh God Dips you're still such an adorable loser hehehe

    ReplyDelete