12 Aug 2011

Tempting wilderness



I had asked you to think hard, when you said you're interested
warned you that the road you're taking is less traveled
you got intrigued, maybe- drawn and excited
to explore the unknown, flirt around the world of the hated

Halfway through my path, you're wishing I'm sure
that you knew the way ahead, before the rest of the tour
blame it on stars, gender or hormones
attitude, bruises, scars or emptiness

I can kill you, with love or hatred
etch within you, moments sacred
be your best friend, or worst enemy
make you a spectator, engulfed in envy

Give you all that I have for myself
take everything away, leaving you enmeshed
The gentle breeze can give way to scary cyclone
It can leave you distressed, sad and all alone

Call it coldness, rudeness or pride
It's time for you to move ahead bold, or hide...
that side road is beckoning you temptingly
I can see it's fragrance embracing you lasciviously

Just that again, it's the poisonous gender
of our common star-lit road that you're gonna enter
the road is sure to make your feet get hardened
strong enough to move on, even while numb or saddened...

4 comments:

  1. Who got victimized ;P I'm sure Ms. Taekwondo girl would have scared the shit outta him ;P

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear sister....I can't tell the world the depth of this poem... but you & I understand the feeling that we mutually share. (Love it my dear)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dips don't tell me :P man you should take some 'life-skill lessons' from me on 'you-know-what' (though you're too old for it now - this is to prick you ;P)

    ReplyDelete